Since 2013, we have taken steps to bring horses out of the slaughter industry, care for their physical and mental health issues, provide training for them, and then to focus on finding them forever homes.
In the process, we've learned the value in looking upstream from the slaughter and auction industries, to the horses getting caught up in the economic downturn - to do what we can to help horse owners looking for options for their horses before they enter the auction pipeline.
To provide a safe, healthy, and caring environment for horses to recover from the difficult situations they find themselves in as a result of the slaughter or auction industries, or the economic downturn - with the goal to rehabilitate and rehome them to forever homes.
What We've Achieved
- Rescued our first two horses from the feed lot slaughter environment.
- Provided life-saving medical care for severe injuries.
- Created an multi-faceted environment of care, which includes the best of alternative therapies as well as traditional veterinary treatment.
- Brought 18 horses and a donkey to our facility, removing them from challenging situations, many before they ended up in the auction pipelines.
- Evaluated each individual equine's unique makeup and mental health situation to customize their care.
- Instituted a training program for each animal's specific needs, developing trust first, and expanding from there.